This two-day, fast-paced, highly interactive in-house Business Development Training programme has been highly acclaimed.
Who is it for?
Business Unit Heads and Team Leaders with responsibility for a market sector or segment.
Sales and Marketing Teams who want to work through their strategy and put together a practical implementation plan
- Develop a strong Business Development Strategy and Action Plan
- Define ways in which you can improve your business units’ performance in the following areas:
- Number of new customer meetings
- Managing existing accounts
- Improving the volume of your outbound sales efforts
- Individual productivity
- Success rate in meetings
Content is always sensitised to your business. Here is a list of some of the more common learning points:
DAY ONE: Business Development Training – Strategy
- What’s the difference between Sales, Marketing and Business Development?
- What activities are included in Business Development?
- Evaluate your current Business Development Strategy using our proprietary diagnostic tool
- Understanding the growth dynamics of your marketplace using two Growth/Share matrices
- Tools to analyse competitors positions
- Finding the sweet spots in your market
- Identify trends in the drivers of demand using analysis frameworks
- Analysing Customer Expectations, Wants and Needs
- Defining the “hot buttons” of your customer base
- Define the tipping point features and benefits that will give your campaigns traction
- Selecting your positional messages relative to competitors
- A tool for playing against each competitor as you need to in order to eliminate them from the prospect’s mind
- Choosing your strategies:
- Premium quality/unique capability strategies
- Defining your points of differentiation
- Lead feature approach
- Value engineering approaches
- “Productisation” approaches
- Strategies to increase your penetration in existing markets and within existing accounts
DAY TWO: Business Development Training – Implementation Plan
- How to plan your entry into new markets – what will it take to get traction and gain momentum
- Your ideal Business Development calendar
- Defining your marketing mix including:
- publishing research
- lead generation activities
- social media
- email marketing
- public relations and other media work
- advertising – narrowcasting for economic value
- Managing your team
- Understanding types: four things that motivate business developers
- Performance expectations and norms
- Managing under-performance
- Continuous learning approaches to improve results
Jim has an amazing quality to connect with people and really inspire them to make changes that get real results.
My team are always fired up and ready to make things happen after a session with Jim.
He is also a thoroughly nice guy...such a pleasure to work with!
MD and Author / The Sales Consultancy
Jim ran a business development programme for fifteen of my staff at Royal Haskoning. Our primary aim was to change the culture of our approach to sales: to be more proactive in developing and closing opportunities. Jim's approach was fantastic throughout the programmme. He has a pragmatic and down to earth style that really inspires people to follow through. He is focussed on delivering great outcomes and the team have been truly fired up to make a difference. I have no hesitation in recommending Jim.
Business Unit Director Maritime and Waterways - UK, Asia, Australia / Royal HaskoningDHV
I have worked with Jim over many years; he has the genuine ability to enthuse and motivate individuals and teams to excellence. He is an absolute pleasure to work with and is innovative, totally reliable, very approachable and open to new ideas at all times. I can't recommend Jim highly enough.
CEO / The Art of Balance Ltd
I first came across Jim in about 2001 when I was looking at putting on a series of breakfast marketing seminars for SMEs- Jim had creative ideas and was well received by those attending. I found him easy to work with and delivered the results I needed. I then came across Jim in 2009 when he delivered some workshops for Business Link on working with SMEs - he has a great presenting style and delivered great results
Practice Manager / Stanford Medical Centre
Jim is an ultimate professional who I have worked with on the Royal Haskoning Business Development Programme. His key skill is his ability to identify an individuals strengths and work at developing that. Jim is personable and creative in his approach to coaching. As far as I am concerned he has been at the forefront of making the Royal Haskoning Business Development Programme a success.
Scientist / Royal HaskoningDHV, Global Engineering Company
Jim ran some very effective Assessment Centres. He also facilitated a number of workshops and meetings to help the team capture Best Practice. Jim was always very accessible and ready to provide fresh thinking and new ideas. He has a vast knowledge base and his genuinely cheerful and positive energy cut through ambiguity and vague thinking, helping you to arrive at very results oriented and practical actions that make a difference.
MD / Inspired Working
I have worked with Jim through a business development course and found him to have been absolutely brilliant and I'm pleased to have had the opportunity to learn from his experience.
Tara Leigh Mcvey
Principal Consultant / URS Corporation
Get in touch
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]