Our Senior Management Training Programme starts with a detailed diagnostic conversation, we will put together a programme appropriate to your organisation and the participants. Some of the elements we draw upon are listed below:
- Defining your team’s purpose, mission and objectives. Establish unity of purpose, scope and hard-edged outcomes for the year(s) ahead
- Managing the outside. Agreeing team roles and performance criteria in relation to other teams
- Team Performance Review. An interactive exercise to define the ways in which the team needs to develop and improve its’ results
- Team Business Planning. A brilliantly simple but highly effective Plan Template that is a self-run interactive activity for teams.
- Team Design and Individual Selection. An exercise to define the critical processes and skill requirements of the team in the context of its’ objectives.
- The Maintenance Routines of Excellent Managers. A research-based input about how excellent managers maintain the social and task side of their team.
- Setting Performance Criteria and Goals. Agreeing productivity, quality and temporal goals in depth. Distinguishing between standards and targets. Research-based input on what works and what doesn’t in improving performance of individuals.
- Things you can and cannot do to staff. A reminder of the legal do-s and don’t-s when it comes to managing staff.
- Motivation and morale. Specific practical methods to pep up motivation of the team. We look at the four core motivational types. Using NLP to diagnose the staff members’ focus and motivational criteria.
- Individual performance improvement. Working through the options for improving individual performance in detail. when to use it and when not to.
- One Minute Management. A fun and interactive exercise to show how to do one minute management.
- Development planning. Evaluation of the different staff development options open to you. A review of which are useful when and which ones, frankly, do not work with certain levels of competence.
Jim ran some very effective Assessment Centres. He also facilitated a number of workshops and meetings to help the team capture Best Practice. Jim was always very accessible and ready to provide fresh thinking and new ideas. He has a vast knowledge base and his genuinely cheerful and positive energy cut through ambiguity and vague thinking, helping you to arrive at very results oriented and practical actions that make a difference.
MD / Inspired Working
I have worked with Jim over many years; he has the genuine ability to enthuse and motivate individuals and teams to excellence. He is an absolute pleasure to work with and is innovative, totally reliable, very approachable and open to new ideas at all times. I can't recommend Jim highly enough.
CEO / The Art of Balance Ltd
Jim is an ultimate professional who I have worked with on the Royal Haskoning Business Development Programme. His key skill is his ability to identify an individuals strengths and work at developing that. Jim is personable and creative in his approach to coaching. As far as I am concerned he has been at the forefront of making the Royal Haskoning Business Development Programme a success.
Scientist / Royal HaskoningDHV, Global Engineering Company
Jim ran a business development programme for fifteen of my staff at Royal Haskoning. Our primary aim was to change the culture of our approach to sales: to be more proactive in developing and closing opportunities. Jim's approach was fantastic throughout the programmme. He has a pragmatic and down to earth style that really inspires people to follow through. He is focussed on delivering great outcomes and the team have been truly fired up to make a difference. I have no hesitation in recommending Jim.
Business Unit Director Maritime and Waterways - UK, Asia, Australia / Royal HaskoningDHV
Jim has an amazing quality to connect with people and really inspire them to make changes that get real results.
My team are always fired up and ready to make things happen after a session with Jim.
He is also a thoroughly nice guy...such a pleasure to work with!
MD and Author / The Sales Consultancy
I have worked with Jim through a business development course and found him to have been absolutely brilliant and I'm pleased to have had the opportunity to learn from his experience.
Tara Leigh Mcvey
Principal Consultant / URS Corporation
I first came across Jim in about 2001 when I was looking at putting on a series of breakfast marketing seminars for SMEs- Jim had creative ideas and was well received by those attending. I found him easy to work with and delivered the results I needed. I then came across Jim in 2009 when he delivered some workshops for Business Link on working with SMEs - he has a great presenting style and delivered great results
Practice Manager / Stanford Medical Centre
Get in touch